This Privacy Notice describes:
- the information that Digital Surgeons, LLC (“we”) collects from you in any form, including when you interact with our website https://www.digitalsurgeons.com (“Website”);
- how we collect, uses and discloses the information that we receive, including sharing that information with third parties; and
- how we store and secure information.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our Privacy Notice or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any suspected security violations to us, please contact us at the following address or email address:
470 James Street, Suite 001
New Haven, Connecticut 06513
Services We Provide
We offer the following services (“Services”) to our customers:
- Fee-for service strategic consulting
- Advertising creative production
- Media management and buying
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us. We will collect data from you that you voluntarily provide.
- Communications Information. We collect information you provide to us on contact forms, which collects your name, email address, company, and the reason for contacting us.
- Contact Us/Support. If you provide us with feedback, contact us via e-mail, or contact us for support services, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Events. If you register and/or attend one of our events, we collect your name and email address through our third party service provider.
- Survey Information. If you take one of our surveys, we may collect your name and email address in addition to your survey responses through our third party service provider.
- Potential Employee Information. If you are a potential employee, we may collect initial demographic information about you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, current company, phone number and information about your skills and experience that you provide.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Automatically Collected. When you interact with our Website and our Services, we may automatically collect certain technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. That information may include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), mobile device information, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movements around the Website, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Website or the Services again, it will recognize you.
- Pixels. We may use remarketing services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google) to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our Website. We, and our third party vendors, may use pixels to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to our Website. Pixels are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of website users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel tags are embedded invisibly in websites. For more information on the use of pixels, the privacy policies of these companies or to opt-out of such advertising placement, please seek out such information from Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. In collecting this type of information, we use Local Storage (LS) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LS such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LS.
Do Not Track
We support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Links to Third Party Website
How We Use and Share Your Information
We use your information only for purposes of providing the Services described above. We do not sell your information to anyone. Specifically, we will use or share your information as detailed below.
With your consent. We may share your information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
To communicate with you. We use your data to send you information about our Services, to respond to you when you contact us for support services or other reasons, as needed. If you provided us with an email address, we may also send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Digital Surgeons. You can control these marketing communications by using your notification preferences in account settings or via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.
With third party service providers performing services on our behalf. We may share information with our third party service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. We may share information as needed to operate other related services. For example, we may share information about you with Google Analytics so that Google Analytics can provide us with information about the Website’ usage, or information with Amazon Web Services, who hosts our information.
To improve, personalize, and develop Services. We use the information we collect to improve and personalize Services and to develop new services and benefits.
To create anonymous data. We may remove all identifying information from your data to create anonymous data and aggregate that data with other anonymous data. We may disclose this aggregated, anonymous information without restriction.
With Advertisers. We do not share or sell your information for marketing purposes; however, as indicated above, we share certain information for advertising purposes.
For corporate restructuring. We may share some or all of your information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, we many transfer your information as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the information we collected and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your information as described in this Privacy Notice.
For legal purposes. We may preserve or disclose information about you to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to assert legal rights or defend against legal claims; or to prevent, detect, or investigate illegal activity, fraud, abuse, violations of our terms, or threats to the security of the Services or the physical safety of any person.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for us to provide Services to you, our legal basis for processing your information is our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) so long as your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- When we have your clear and unambiguous consent.
Your Options Regarding Your Information
We may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails to the e-mail address that you provided that directly promote the use of our Website or Services. You may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you service related communications, including notices of any updates to our Privacy Notice.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
Change Your Information
All users may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their user account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Update of Personal Information.”
Deletion of Information
If you want us to delete or remove your personal information from our possession, please send us a request to email@example.com with the subject line: “Removal of Personal Information Request,” or send us a letter via snail mail to the address listed above, indicated your request for the removal of your personal information.
If you need further assistance regarding your options, please contact us and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
We retain the personal information we collect for as long as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with users, and/or the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions.
We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us. Always be sure to secure your login credentials for on-line access. In order to protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of any of the on-line service, without notice, pending an investigation, if we suspect any breach of security.
Our Website is not intended for use by children. Children under thirteen (13) should not send any information about themselves to us. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that a child under thirteen (13) has submitted information to us through any part of our Website, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as practical.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.