Marketing operations is fast becoming the engine of growth for organizations. Marketing operations — the day-to-day customer targeting, content marketing, lead nurturing, and campaign management behind modern marketing –have become critical to driving measurable demand for several reasons. Why:
- Content drives the growth agenda of a business;
- Demand creation and measurable sales outcomes are the new scorecard for marketing success;
- Growth depends on making the most of the email, website, marketing cloud and e-commerce investments that are already in place;
- It takes new skills and disciplines to turn data, insights, and analytics into margin, conversion and growth;
- Owned and earned marketing channels have enormous potential to improve the cost of acquisition and marketing effectiveness.
The problem is most of our clients struggle to establish, resource and scale a robust marketing operations organization. Our research points to several factors:
- Marketing operations is a relatively new function without an established budget precedent for many companies.
- Marketing operations requires new skills in Brand Publishing, Analytics, Inbound Marketing and search engine optimization that don’t reside in most organizations.
Another challenge is as organizations start to deploy advanced marketing automation, targeting and personalization techniques that drive results – the cost, volume, and complexity of overwhelms their staff and budgets. This is because advanced marketing programs – and almost everything important to growing the business - increases the volume of content and data and increase the cost, and complexity of marketing operations. Social media, digital marketing, inbound marketing and SEO programs require more personalized content elements, customer touch points, targeting personas, and content marketing campaigns to be effective. As Rishi Dave, the CMO of D&B puts it “the big issue with personalization is that once you create a personalized website, the amount of content you need to create multiplies incredibly. It takes a lot of work to get ready for 1:1 personalization.”
The big questions marketers need to answer are:
- How can we support our owned and earned marketing channels without adding staff and costs?
- What systems, processes and skills can reduce the cost and complexity of marketing operations?
- How can we execute and adapt our approach faster than the competition and customer trends?
We help our clients establish, scale, and execute their growth programs in owned and earned media by extending their marketing teams with our in-house marketing operations expertise and resources.
Our Marketing Operations Augmentation services provide the skills transfer, bandwidth, speed to market and accountability needed to make the most of the digital marketing assets and infrastructure you have. Our interdisciplinary teams can drive faster growth with less cost and complexity by:
- Creating content strategies and assets to drive traffic, changes minds and convert inquiries to leads;
- Developing and execute programs to generate engagement in social, SEO and influencer channels;
- Executing targeted campaigns that leverage marketing automation and CMS platform potential;
- Using analytics to refine targeting, optimize performance and quantify sales outcomes;
See how our thought leadership campaign drove engagement, qualified leads, and face-to-face meetings with business owners in all of a bank’s primary markets.