Just over a month ago, Pete Sena, our co-founder and CCO, created a zoom conversation series called “4:4:4.”
As a leader and lifelong learner, Pete believes that the right conversation at the right time can unlock new paths and possibilities for each and every one of us. 4:4:4 is a virtual conversation where each month, Pete will be connecting with other leaders and entrepreneurs to spark interesting conversation and explore various topics surrounding the future of design, technology, and business.
Last week, Pete spoke with Mythological Consultant and Founder of Story Seeds Richard Schwab about how artificial intelligence is transforming characters, brands and experiences. As a warm-up exercise, Pete asked “What’s a book you’ve read recently, that’s changed the way you think?”
The business leaders, entrepreneurs and data mavens who joined us, came together and told us what’s on the top of their reading lists.
Since so many people are consciously creating time for hobbies, such as reading, we thought it would be awesome to share the group’s list with you (see below).
I always leave each 4:4:4 learning something new. Sometimes it’s a simple micro-meditation breathing exercise, and other times it’s a deep dive into a concept like the Hero’s Journey. There’s always a takeaway from each 4:4:4 that I find myself either texting a friend to talk about, or incorporating a new exercise into my brainstorms.
If you like fun-easy life hacks, or just want to chat with others about something you’re interested in, feel free to connect with us here.
Until next time!
12 Great Reads to Inspire a New Way of Thinking
- Liminal Thinking: Create the Change You Want by Changing the Way You Think - By Dave Gray
- The Artist’s Way - By Julia Cameron
- Villa Incognito - By Tom Robbins
- 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created - By Charles Mann
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies - By Jared Diamond
- Shoe Dog - By Phil Knight
- Ego Is The Enemy - By Ryan Holiday
- The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal - By Jared Diamond
- A Little Life - By Hanya Yanagihara
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage - By Mel Robbins
- Something Deeply Hidden - By Sean Carroll
- Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid - By Douglas R. Hofstadter
Digitalsurgeons.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to (Thinkfwd.co, amazon.com, or endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, or AmazonWireless.com).