Technical Project Manager
A little about us:
We’re a lean force of brand strategists, creative technologists, and digital artisans. We work with world-class brands and businesses to transform the way they attract, engage and retain customers. DS is the place where ideas and execution come together. A tight-knit crew that digs deep, dreams big, and stops at nothing in the pursuit of making things happen. Our team is fueled by passion and curiosity, constantly evolving to meet the needs of our clients.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic problem solver and critical thinker to help drive projects from vague and unestablished briefs to clear and specific project plans.
You are great at managing people, understand best practices, and work with dedication to meeting the needs of our team and clients. The role demands being able to work across various projects and brands, manage client expectations, schedules, budgets, assets, resources, and scopes in an organized manner with quality and attention to detail in every area. Ultimately, you are the shepherds of the work we produce, coordinating and leading our project teams so we can create and deliver game-changing experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all projects from concept through to development and implementation.
- Understand client needs/requirements and able to liaise with them to evaluate business impact.
- Work with client and internal team to prioritize work effort.
- Empathize with client-side and agency obstacles for successful delivery
- Rally internal teams and provide support
- Communicate with client stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, building a relationship and earning trust through technical proficiency and genuine interest in them as people
- Responsible for leading a team of designers and engineers through integrating several large custom built applications utilizing modern open source technology
- Establish project scope by discovering and validating business technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals.
- Manage project profitability; take personal responsibility to complete projects on time and on budget
- Translate interactive strategy and brand requirements to actionable concepts
- Proactively investigate client needs and balance needs of client with what is best for the agency
- Create weekly status reports for all projects managed
- Explain technical specifications and issues in an easily understood way for non-technical users
- Develop accurate and detailed project plans for a variety of projects
- Coordinate and communicate details of client meetings, including agenda development, scheduling and travel arrangements
- Support new business efforts through coordination and management for proposal team meetings, action plans and schedules
- Stay abreast of trends and current events in new media and usability industries
- Oversight of interactive project development, process and resource management, and participation in strategic development of projects
- Maintain a respectful and strong working relationship with internal team(s) (from production to content management to developers to the creatives on a project) as well as external partners, an intricate global franchise network and development vendors
- Manage projects including sites and microsites, social media initiatives, banners, mobile experiences (native apps as well as mobile web across multiple platforms), digital OOH, and more
- Accountable for project planning and scope (goals, budget, schedule)
- Participates in meetings with clients
- Possesses and teaches technical knowledge of the production processes in both digital and traditional media, and can communicate with vendors proficiently
- Manages job through completion, reconciles budgets, and closes out elements in storage
What you bring:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- 5+ years of experience and be capable of leading large-scale integrated and interactive projects
- The confidence to motivate, support and work all departments and roles at the agency
- Ability to work with aggressive deadlines
- Fundamental knowledge of web design and development
- Experience coordinating with technology teams, technical producers, and co-managing schedules
- Experience managing enterprise migrations and full lifecycle site builds in Craft, WordPress, or other CMSes
- Experience managing complex technical integrations (CRMs, LMS, Booking systems, Payment Gateways)
- Experience with mobile applications, software development, and content management systems
- Experience managing resource allocations for multi-discipline teams
- Oversee contractors and vendors that may be required to deliver components of the project
- Able to assist in the QA and troubleshooting process, with a fundamental understanding of programming and reviewing code
- Highly organized approach to scheduling, forecasting, and managing vendors
- Skilled in using various project management applications (ex. Basecamp, Asana, Trello)
- Facilitates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems
- Excellent communication and analytical skills