The Strategic Account Director leads and guides the development of overall client objectives and the ongoing strategic direction of the clients’ marketing activity. The Strategic Account Director is the primary point of contact between the agency and our clients. The role requires an innovator, trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of client business and drive growth opportunities. This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of client goals, online strategies and competitive landscape, with a rich background in the digital marketing industry to deliver effective recommendations. They are focused on developing and strengthening positive client relationships across all levels and works internally to develop and execute strategies in collaboration across the agency.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with clients to define and distill their goals, create success metrics, and communicate those to all supporting teams at DS
- Lead large, complex projects with executive business acumen; participating in briefs and work sessions, contributing to overall planning process
- Dive into a client's industry and business model and develop strategies that solve their challenges through their brand, digital footprint, or innovative solutions
- Thoroughly understands the client’s business/brand, competitive environment, industry trends and overall marketing plans/goals
- Experience navigating the balance of user needs, client objectives and the requirements of the team throughout a project
- Manage implementation of integrated offerings and tools and identify cross-platform opportunities
- Ensure deliverables meet clients’ strategy and drives the business forward based on client objectives.
- Provides support with analytics and other reporting, testing and QA, and vendor selection and management.
- Leads regular client presentations and strategic discussions; stays involved with, and sometimes leads, higher level negotiations with clients including but not limited to contracts, bid pricing, billing and conflict situations
- Defines and develops measurement models for project success with clients
- Spearheads consistent reviews of project delivery, research, analytics, best practices, etc.
- Oversees the effective execution of marketing / advertising programs including written communication of changes and updates to all team members
- Partners with internal teams and external partners to communicate client objectives and develop strategic solutions
- Assists across all areas of the agency and lends a hand when additional resources are required.
What you bring:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- You have a deep understanding of how brands behave digitally and can speak the language of experience and design
- An understanding that creativity begins with data and strategic insights
- Background in a digital performance marketing environment. Demonstrated ability to manage against strict performance targets.
- Demonstrated skill leading teams that package data into digestible and actionable client-facing materials across web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively multi-task, managing multiple projects and people simultaneously and leverage knowledge and experience from project to project and rapidly comprehend, retain and share information
- Proven ability to think and lead strategically.
- Ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary relationships
- Aptitude to define solutions that generate measurable results
- Extremely motivated, ready to learn new skills, and comfortable in a high-paced environment working across multiple clients from diverse industries
- Experience in the healthcare/medical marketing is a plus