Digital Surgeons is a demand design consultancy for brands that are forward-obsessed and looking to spark new ways to drive growth for their business. We’re headquartered in our very own tech & innovation campus in New Haven called District. Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, and The Webby Awards, FWA to name a few.
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will be an integral part in helping us to dream up and deliver new possibilities for some of the most innovative clients across the world. Collaborating with team, you will bring knowledge and expertise to ideate, and design fully-connected, best-in-class brand and digital experiences, with a focus on driving business outcomes.
What You’ll Do
Project Execution & Quality
- Execute interaction and UI/UX design work for marketing-focused CMS and ecommerce websites and web apps across a variety of B2C and B2B categories.
- Concept, produce, and present pixel-perfect design solutions that reflect a deep understanding of a client’s goals, vision, and outcomes, with minimal oversight from leads or directors.
- Translate brand art direction into robust, consistent, and scalable design systems for digital experiences, products, and web applications.
- Create sitemaps and user flows that define information architecture and content requirements based on consumer research and data.
- Work collaboratively with the client success team, developers, copywriters, and strategists throughout the entire lifecycle of project engagements, from discovery through the launch.
- Assist in UX design research-related activities as it relates to developing and launching new brands, products, and services – ie desk research, stakeholder interviews, and journey mapping.
- Wireframe and design responsive pages, templates and landing pages with UI/UX best practices in mind, and a focus on conversion.
- Concept of new features and functionality to optimize experiences to drive business outcomes.
- Support the content team by collaborating on copywriting direction and photographic asset generation.
- Rapid development of interactive prototypes to hypothesize and test concepts with users.
- Asset preparation and populating CMS
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with other designers, strategists, developer and creative practitioners across all departments and disciplines.
- Manage and complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines and constraints
- May direct, mentor, and coach junior staff to maintain DS’s standards of quality.
Dependent on past experience, you may also be involved in:
- Creation of design deliverables such as brand logo marks, identity systems, guidelines, branded collateral, stylesheets, and presentations.
- Contributing to the business development process with the design and development of marketing materials.
- Actively participate and contribute to ideation sessions surrounding brand strategy or experience blueprinting.
- Direction for photoshoots and video production.
- 3-7 years of design experience in creative, digital, or branding, either agency or in-house, with a track record of successful, digitally-focused design work that’s evidenced by a best-in-class portfolio.
- A love for the craft of design; being well-versed in visual design fundamentals, typography, color theory, and brand communication.
- Have extensive knowledge of UI/UX best practices for responsive design for digital experiences, products and applications.
- Digital Design & Prototyping (Figma required)
- Image manipulation and compositing (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Ability to present work and communicate design decisions through a data-driven, human-centered lens to internal and external stakeholders.
- You can take initiative and work autonomously as needed but are also comfortable receiving direction from others.
- You have a passion for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- You’re proactive and enjoy creative problem-solving.
- You can manage your time and meet deadlines and no design challenge is too big or small.
- You’re a multidisciplinary thinker with a growth mindset.
- You are curious to learn more about other creative, marketing, business, or technology-focused practices to build memorable brand experiences.
You’re at the top of the list if you also:
- Have experience with ADA compliance and web accessibility
- Possess working experience with no/low code web design solutions and platforms (Webflow, Wix, WP/Elementor, etc..)
- Have a high level of technical proficiency in Presentation Design (PPT/Keynote)
- Have basic technical proficiency in working with motion design (After Effects, Principle).
At DS, we focus on the mental and physical well-being of our team. Team satisfaction is one of our highest priorities. We offer a generous PTO and Maternity/Paternity Leave program. As a full-time position it’s eligible for enrollment in the company’s benefits program including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and 401k retirement match.
Digital Surgeons is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics or those of a family member, or any other basis protected by applicable law.