We have a wild & creative team here at DS that’s on the lookout for a digitally-focused senior art director. So, what’s that mean today when everything is digital? Well, it means this team works a lot in the world of digital marketing content, like emails, social (paid & organic), landing pages, TikTok videos, and things like that, which all require a knowledge of the digital realm, how consumers use it, and what creative works best to bring them into the conversation on that specific channel.
Oh, and also note the senior part. And the art director part. We’re searching for a designer that’s both comfortable diving into the pixels as much as they are directing projects alongside the rest of the team. You should be comfortable taking things from creative brief to out-the-door done, infusing ideas and design polish within clients’ brand guidelines. You get it.
This senior creative will be part of the DS Creative Team — So if you love making stuff, but never just one thing, this is the team.
What you will be doing:
- Producing beautiful and innovative visual concepts and design for our client's digital and social media channels
- Responsible for the full design lifecycle from concept to execution
- Developing a deep understanding of target audiences and the client’s marketing strategy to deliver high-quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer, promoting products and brands
- Coming up with and pitching creative solutions in response to marketing strategies and challenges
- Managing the preparation of all finished files that will comply with output specs
What you need to be great in this role:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- A desire to be part of a team, in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion and curiosity (passiosity?) to learn new skills and apply them to the work. It’s not uncommon for someone on the team to shoot, write, design, edit all on one project, because they love creating and collaborating
- Social media best practices for both paid and organic because whether we’re doing it for clients of our company, we spend a lot of time being social
- Strong design skills, obviously. Come on!!
- A passion and knack for conception/ideating/brainstorming, because ideas are always welcome
- A sense of ownership in the work without letting that get confused with ego
- • Interest in brands. You don’t have to love them, but you should understand them and how they have traits and trends like humans
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, find your focus, unleash some creativity, and be flexible when quick turnaround projects come up, because...well, they do
- 4+ years of experience but everything above is more important than years of experience