Background & Summary
Digital Surgeons is a creative consultancy and full-service digital marketing agency for brands that are forward-obsessed and looking to spark new ways to drive demand for their business. We’re headquartered in our very own technology & innovation campus in New Haven called District, and our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, and The Webby Awards to name a few.
The Project Leader will operate on multiple levels, both internally and externally, to lead and manage projects at the agency. Build specialized approaches and operational tactics to help teammates to focus on their respective contributions to the work. Responsible for getting the right people in the right place at the right time to produce work that delivers extraordinary results through creativity and technical aptitude on-time, on-spec, on-budget and as efficiently as possible. Serve as the centralized communicator and distributor of information to all team members and key stakeholders. Mitigate risk by anticipating various scenarios throughout the course of a project and build actionable contingency plans accordingly. Manage, mentor and lead other project management team members as assigned/needed. Success will be measured by project excellence, client satisfaction and retention, client business growth for DS, and reaching team goals.
What You’ll Do
- Define and formulate an operational approach to manage projects as effectively and efficiently as possible leaning on agency software offerings..
- Lead, manage and be accountable for each step of the internal process from the early planning stages through fully executed deliverables.
- Open projects and build project plans along with inputs from Client Leaders and Department Leads.
- Scoping, Scheduling, Resourcing, Risk mitigation, Cost Management, and Stakeholder communications
- Work with Department Leads to identify and allocate the needed resources.
- Build internal schedules and ensure that each department is aligned with the approach.
- Coordinate and run productive internal meetings and follow up with next steps.
- Maintain and archive detailed records of the life of a project (in Dropbox and Forecast).
- Create, manage and run project status/stand-ups that ensure awareness of all active and upcoming projects.
- Delegate and communicate task assignments to the appropriate people within the agency and follow through to make sure work is being done in a timely manner.
- Proactively remove barriers by closely monitoring all active tasks while flagging potential risks.
- Provide quality control by ensuring work has been properly routed through and checked by all appropriate parties for QA.
- React quickly to unexpected updates/challenges and update the project plan accordingly.
- Manage incoming and outgoing information strategically in order to effectively communicate with team members and key stakeholders.
- Communicate workload and staffing needs proactively Head of Client Success and Department Leads.
- Facilitate and run project debriefs, if necessary, to ensure we apply learnings to future projects.
What You’ll Bring
The person we are looking for needs to be consistently proficient in these skills.
Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Problem Solving – Use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective outcomes; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Priority Setting – Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
Listening – Practices active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people (up, down, and sideways; inside and outside the organization); builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Must have exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Must be action-oriented, resourceful, empathetic and hyper-aware.
- Creative problem-solver with demonstrable ability to effectively lead and negotiate at all levels.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of project management processes in a deadline-driven industry.
- The ability to remain calm and collected and maintain a positive attitude and thrive in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Able to manage the day to day tasks while remaining focused on the project’s ultimate goal(s).
- Proven ability to be a leader of others.
- Experience with Forecast, Hubspot, Dropbox, Notion and/or other project management software/tools is a plus.
- 7-10+ years of experience in project/program management in an agency setting.
- Project management certification a plus
This is a full time position, eligible for enrollment in the Company’s benefits program including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and 401k.
To be a catalyst for new possibility and growth for brands, businesses and their teams.
To use creativity and curiosity to drive the world forward.
Our values guide all our decisions at DS – big or small
Be Curious: The world is constantly changing, and the more we ask, explore, wonder, understand, and ideate on, the more we can accomplish. Curiosity helps us understand what’s happening today, so we can define what’s possible tomorrow for ourselves and for you.
Care Greatly: About our work. About our partners. About each other. We’re at our best when we care about what designing demand, who we’re doing it for, and why we’re even doing it in the first place. By opening up our hearts, we create human connections that benefit everyone.
Adapt and Respond: Change is inevitable, and we know that those who welcome it and react effectively are the ones who succeed. That’s why we find not uncertainty but wonder & possibility in change. It’s a new opportunity to create, to collaborate, and to change our world for the better.
Simply Believe: There’s magic to be discovered through business, technology, and creativity. It’s in there, in us, and in you, but only if you believe in it. When you do, we can transform businesses and inspire people to engage with brands — even to fall in love with them
Digital Surgeons is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics or those of a family member, or any other basis protected by applicable law.