You will report to the Chief Growth Officer at a forward-thinking independently owned digital agency.
In your hands-on role, you will interface with the founders, senior leadership, and key members touching the new business machine. Your primary role is two-fold:
#1 - Lead the agency’s marketing function.
#2 - Assist with agency growth initiatives.
Your success will be measured by the sustainable awareness and quality engagements you lead as a Marketing Director at the agency. Secondarily, we will look for you to cultivate new business opportunities (leads). But not just any opportunities, the right types that result in quality long-term profitable agency/client relationships.
In this role, you will:
- Brand Marketing: Collaborate with the team on agency brand strategy. And oversee the execution of the strategy of growing agency share of voice and reputation within specific target markets.
- Content Marketing: Lead the content marketing strategies, and collaborate with the press to elevate our position as a thought leader around digital, brand transformation, omni-channel marketing, and other related topics. This includes multiple form factors: video, print, audio, etc.
- Product Marketing: Become intimately familiar with our product pillars, roadmap, and customer needs. Creatively work with our leaders and growth marketers to find efficient strategies to land (and expand) new relationships.
- Growth Marketing: Identify scalable creative strategies to drive agency engagement across owned channels. Always testing and always looking for ways to drive growth.
- Community: Build up our superfans, help engage and provide value to them. Oversee social channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, Medium, etc.) and maintain our marketing website. Event planning is a plus.
- Project Management: Own the marketing budget/calendar and make sure all sales activities are accurately tracked and maintained. This includes collaborating with agency thought leaders on custom content initiatives.
- Collaborate: Collaborate with internal shared resources, agencies, contractors and creative service vendors to deliver on a broad portfolio of marketing initiatives.
- Assist: with internal stakeholders across, paid media efforts, creative ideas, cold pitches and other initiatives that help your role and our collective company goals.
- Pitch: Assist (and in some cases lead) with pitches, presentations and/or new business conversations. Understand how to ask the right questions to quickly assess an opportunity and gather critical insights tied to “winning” a pitch.
- Research: Lead extensive research tied to active prospects, pitches, and leads of interest.
What you bring to the table:
- At least 7-10 years working in marketing, product, or strategy focused roles (B2B experience and/or service industry is desired).
- Familiarity in full-funnel marketing initiatives and a performance marketing approach.
- Solution driven person with deep empathy.
- Experience in content marketing and production.
- A deep appreciation for trends and edgy creative executions.
- Experience in digital marketing, brand strategy, omnichannel marketing, content production/marketing and product marketing.
- Highly effective organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work across functions and at all levels of management.
- Appreciation for all the details that go into building relationships, trust and new business.
- You must be scrappy and willing to go beyond your comfort zone.
- You are a lifelong learner.
- Create a cadence around structured marketing activities, while trying new techniques to scale existing channels and identify new ones.
- Develop and test hypotheses across social, search, email, and on-site to maximize sales enablement and awareness.
- Own marketing and sales enablement content development to maximize reach and conversions.
- Work with the executive leadership team to achieve growth goals across service offerings – including go-to-market and pricing strategy.
- Implement and track accountability metrics and KPIs to ensure desired results are being achieved, regularly reviewing performance, and adjusting to optimize based on data and research. Hubspot experience is a plus.
Background and Experience Required:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- You are currently creating thought leadership content and investing in your personal brand.
- You are excited to lead growth in a fast-paced, solution-driven company.
- You have a demonstrated history of driving sustainable growth in a B2B and/or service industry.
- You are creative, data-informed, and know how to tell a great story.
- You use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decisions.
- You appreciate the importance of all stakeholder voices.
- You build strong relationships internally and externally.
- You’ve got grit.