The DS team is looking for an experienced writer to join us in creating direct-response-style digital content for our many brands. This writer should have all the wondrous skills of a writer, like being imaginative and obsessed with language and the power it can have over the human mind & soul. But, you should also be nerdy and meticulous about creating strategic, measurable roadmaps for variant messaging across search, social, paid media, emails, and marketing landing pages.
That’s right, friend! This is not the typical agency copywriting position. We’re looking for as much a strategist as we are a creative writer. We want someone to work alongside ALL teams to strategize, ideate, craft, test, track, and optimize content in all the places.
What you’ll do:
- Create, update, and expand messaging content and matrixes throughout the marketing funnel
- Work with media and data teammates to track and report demand generation performance metrics and KPIs, making recommendations to continually optimize campaign performance through messaging
- Carefully study messaging, ensuring every detail is considered and tracked
- Deeply consider audiences and what resonates with them
- Work across many accounts, helping to monitor and manage content flows and variant messaging within each campaign
- Working with others to elevate the quality of messaging and ideas
- Build out and execute structured copy test cadences for agile paid social clients
What you bring:
- Proven experience building and executing marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in direct-response methodologies and frameworks
- Experience creating growth marketing strategies and tactics, running experiments, especially in DTC
- Comfort straddling the fence of creative and tactical execution
- Obsession with making data-driven recommendations and proves it
- Extensive knowledge of the written word, and definitely a heavy reader
- Experience writing across channels and platforms, for different audiences and brands
- Minimum 3 years of professional writing experience
Skills & Competencies:
- Be Curious
- Perspective: Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Care Greatly
- Compassion - Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
- Adapt & Respond
- Written Communication - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Simply Believe
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with
Success in this role will be measured by:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- Improved returns for paid clients’ main KPIs (CTR, ROAS, CAC, etc)
- Organic account growth (engagement & followers, or other targeted KPIs/metrics)
- Collaborative efforts across teams and departments