The role of the Copywriter is to be so much more than a writer. Sure, you will do those tasks, using your words and emotional insight to bend language and influence others. But, you will also go further to support the Content Team and Creative Department, using your analytical, logical mind through research and the study of the digital landscape to better aid us in building brands and designing demand. Your charge is to be both Heart and Head — to understand and then create, and to be able to articulate every step, with passion and intent.
What you’ll do:
- Perform tasks associated with creating content for clients and DS, including doing relevant research (keyword, competitive, and industry), developing copy, and providing careful proofreading.
- Learn how to think conceptually and write engaging copy that meets strategic business goals.
- Writing short and long-form copy, including digital/social content, editorial content, pitch documents, and a range of branded campaign support materials.
- Review and contribute to content and communications strategies across all agency practice groups, companies, and clients.
- Conduct research on prospective clients for new business proposals.
- Audit and analyze competitor websites, social media channels, and brand messaging for new and prospective clients.
- Form and articulate recommendations for clients to improve brand messaging, digital strategy, website content, and social media content.
- Keep up with, and report on, industry trends in branding, messaging, and social media.
- Write optimized meta-descriptions, tags, and social share for client websites.
- Create content for agency and client social media channels, blogs, and email marketing campaigns.
- Participate in idea brainstorming for current clients and new business proposals.
- Contribute to the company blog by posting drafts — with an articulate opinion about current events in the world of brand marketing — writing weekly roundups, etc.
- Engage in, and deeply understand, SEO reports, audits, research, prioritization, and implementation.
- Participate in potential and active consumer and user interviews and surveys in order to help craft personas, insights, and best practices.
- Continue DS’ culture of learning by developing unique perspectives on subjects and then sharing your thoughts, ideas, and knowledge through content and presentations.
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- Highly competent researcher
- Takes pride in work, but welcomes feedback
- Has and can articulate opinions in the realm of brands, messaging, and digital marketing
- Is proactive and takes initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback, or making suggestions
- Thinks two steps ahead and anticipates the next needs of a project
- Takes ownership over tasks and deadlines
- Has a varied writing voice to match various needs
- Has an attentive eye for editing & proofing