We’re on the lookout for a Content Strategist to develop strategies and plans for marketing ideas and tactics that design demand for the brands we work with (as well as our own).
We need a methodical planner and thinker to transform data, research, and trends into human-centered insights that unleash our creativity and the subsequent growth of our brands. Together, we’ll shape narratives for content experiences, tailored to the right audience at the right time. Ultimately, you would be the science behind the storytelling — the head behind the heart; the creativity behind the creativity — using data to inspire content that doesn’t just look good, it works.
While determining strategies, plans, and briefs, you would be a member of the content team, guiding and participating in the generation of ideas and content right alongside us — not afraid to write an article or ad, or even shoot/edit some videos. As such, you should be able to analyze user engagement and content performance metrics to inform, validate, and pivot content programs based on evidence-based measurement, and then work with the team to optimize, while also being ready to create content yourself for DS and our partner brands. We operate as a team, all in.
Content Strategist Responsibilities:
- Establish and articulate key brand messages and value props, ensuring all content is aligned to the goals, brand, channels, and audience
- Plan, facilitate workshops, design marketing plans, craft decks, and presentations, and discuss a client's business as thought partners and marketing leaders
- Analyze data to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs
- Perform content audits to assess how well existing content is performing
- Perform content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed
- Work with content creators, providing feedback, and using an analytical mindset to guide them toward successful content and campaigns
- Create, adjust, and manage an editorial or campaign calendar.
- Establish style guides that specify the writing style and tone needed to create engaging content that resonates with the brands' desired audiences
- Develop a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research
- Produce cohesive and intelligent plans to bring success to campaigns, and lead briefings of the team, rallying them around a plan, using strategy as your stage, and performing
- Identify potential problems and devising ways to rectify them
Content Strategist Requirements:
Apply For This Job
Back to Careers
- Passion for marketing
- Is customer-obsessed and has a deep understanding of DTC and online buying behaviors, as well as more traditional campaign frameworks and methodologies
- Proven content strategy as well as program and campaign management experience
- Sound knowledge of content management systems, email marketing, keyword research tools, user experience, social media platforms, campaigns, SEO, and SEM
- Strong presentation skills, and comfortable in Keynote making a deck
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills