Background & Summary
We’re on the lookout for a Content Marketing Specialist to develop content and execute marketing tactics that attract audiences, convert prospects, and engage customers. As part of the Strategy Team, you’ll deploy strategies and tactics that design demand for the brands we work with (as well as our own).
We need a methodical thinker to transform data, research, and trends into human-centered content that unleashes our creativity and the subsequent growth of our brands. Together, we’ll shape narratives for content experiences, tailored to the right audience at the right time. As part of the Strategy Team, you’ll be the science behind the storytelling — the head behind the heart; the creativity behind the creativity — using data to inspire content that doesn’t just look good, it works.
While determining strategies, plans, and briefs as a member of the Strategy Team, you would also be a key partner of the Content Team, guiding and participating in the generation of ideas and content right alongside the creators — not afraid to write an article or ad. As such, you should have a working knowledge of user engagement and content performance metrics to inform, validate, and pivot content programs based on evidence-based measurement to optimize content efforts.
Content Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of data analysis to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
- Contribute to content audits to assess how well existing content is performing and generate reports against this performance.
- Working with content creators, providing feedback, and using an analytical mindset to guide them toward successful content and campaigns.
- Managing and executing against an editorial or campaign calendar.
- Developing a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research.
- Write and edit emails, in-app, blog posts, website landing pages, branding materials, and social copy.
- Champion the brand voice and style of our clients throughout all channels
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to resolve feedback and identify creative solutions to business challenges
- Present work and advocate for creative choices with stakeholders
- Contribute to guiding content strategy for product launches, lifecycle campaigns, experiments, and programs to ensure consistency at every touchpoint
- Own creative projects and tasks with guidance and support from senior managers
- 3-5 years experience in writing for a consumer brand, SEO, or other content marketing specialty.
- If available, a link to a portfolio of your work.
- Passion for marketing.
- Desire to become a thought partner and marketing leader alongside DS senior managers and agency clients.
- Creative and conversion-driven approach to crafting content, with proven experience conceptualizing, editing, and writing campaign copy and content across multiple channels.
- Strategically data-driven and have a working knowledge strategizing, measuring, and optimizing content performance.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, email marketing platforms, keyword research tools, user experience, social media platforms, and SEO best practices.
- Detail-oriented, outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- You bring a self-starter mentality and possess a strong ability to work autonomously. But you’re also a team player, who can effectively collaborate cross-departmentally.
- You have proven experience executing against tight deadlines on a packed editorial calendar.
- You have a strong knowledge of copy best practices for email and digital advertising.
- You have creative ideas around how your words can be transformed into video, infographics, and other rich media formats.
- Experience partnering with a third-party agency, including social media and advertising firms is a plus.
You Can Expect
- Collaboration with a fun, diverse, and open-minded team that welcomes new ideas
- Flexible, remote working environment
- Opportunities for training and mentorship
- Hands-on experience working with marketing tools and building integrated marketing experiences
What You’ll Bring
The person we are looking for needs to be consistently proficient in these skills:
- Action-Oriented Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things you see as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Dealing With Ambiguity Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Creativity Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Intellectual Horsepower Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Learning on the Fly Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Strategic Agility Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Written Communications Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
This is a full-time position, eligible for enrollment in the Company’s benefits program including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and 401k.
$55,000-75,000 + DOE
To be a catalyst for new possibilities and growth for brands, businesses and their teams.
To use creativity and curiosity to drive the world forward.
Our values guide all our decisions at DS – big or small.
Be Curious: The world is constantly changing, and the more we ask, explore, wonder, understand, and ideate on, the more we can accomplish. Curiosity helps us understand what’s happening today, so we can define what’s possible tomorrow for ourselves and for you.
Care Greatly: About our work. About our partners. About each other. We’re at our best when we care about designing demand, who we’re doing it for, and why we’re even doing it in the first place. By opening up our hearts, we create human connections that benefit everyone.
Adapt and Respond: Change is inevitable, and we know that those who welcome it and react effectively are the ones who succeed. That’s why we find not uncertainty but wonder & possibility in change. It’s a new opportunity to create, to collaborate, and to change our world for the better.
Simply Believe: There’s magic to be discovered through business, technology, and creativity. It’s in there, in us, and in you, but only if you believe in it. When you do, we can transform businesses and inspire people to engage with brands — even to fall in love with them
Digital Surgeons is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics or those of a family member, or any other basis protected by applicable law.