Background & Summary
*WHO WE ARE: We’re a brand studio & marketing consultancy that’s hell-bent on growth. That’s why we’re in search of someone hell-bent on doing something different with their career.
HOW WE’LL DO IT: Founded by two creative serial entrepreneurs who strongly believe ideas are nothing without execution, we’re looking for a like-minded, action-oriented Content Creator/Producer to join them at the table, capturing their experiences and turning it into strong content that engages and grows our community each and every day. We’ll give you access and exposure to various high-level experiences, and you’ll use it to rethink how we execute our content.*
WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE: This candidate will be an entrepreneurial leader who can work side-by-side with our founders and senior leaders to shepherd impactful and unique marketing efforts forward — to craft content that brings to life all our stories, ideas, personalities, knowledge, and skills in new, compelling ways on a daily basis. This includes blogs, videos, podcasts, and social content across IG, LI, and TikTok, so cross-channel creation and platform savvy are required, as well as the hunger to learn new skills as needed.
In this position, you’ll play a central, hands-on role in all our marketing & growth efforts with the unique opportunity to work directly beside our founders, their many ventures and partners, and their entire community. You will help them build content by working behind the scenes ideating, shooting, editing, and posting. You will leverage their network of business leaders and innovators to create connections and conversations, whether it’s podcasts, video interviews, in-the-moment social posts, or all of the above.
You’ll regularly interface with just about everyone here to drive our collective content, thought leadership, and marketing efforts toward shared objectives. As this cross-department ambassador, you’ll control the big picture vision while also launching and guiding various projects and tasks each day, keeping multiple teams and people informed and engaged, and seeing things through to the end. And, while long-term planning is crucial, you will also be able to adapt and respond to emerging trends and opportunities, not just creating fast content, or rallying teammates for real-time support, but also ensuring all methods and tactics play into the greater strategic vision.
What You’ll Do
- Content Creation: From overseeing the shooting & editing of video to writing, designing, and posting social content, your day-to-day will be side by side with our founders, collaborating with them to create realtime thought leadership while they oversee their ventures.
- Growth Marketing: Identify scalable creative strategies to drive engagement across owned channels, always testing and looking for ways to drive growth.
- Community: Lead the team in building up our superfans and providing them value by overseeing our social channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, Medium, etc.) and maintaining our website and marketing pages.
- Collaborate: Collaborate with internal shared resources, partners, and creative service vendors to deliver on a broad portfolio of initiatives.
- Content Marketing: Lead the content marketing to elevate our position as thought leaders around digital, brand transformation, omnichannel marketing, and other related topics. This includes multiple form factors: video, print, audio, etc.
- Product Marketing: Become intimately familiar with our product pillars, roadmap, and customer needs. Then creatively work with our leaders and growth marketers to find efficient executions to land (and expand) new relationships.
- Assist: with internal stakeholders across, paid media efforts, creative ideas, cold pitches, and other initiatives that help your role and our collective company goals.
- Pitch: Assist (and in some cases lead) with pitches, presentations, and/or new business conversations. Understand how to ask the right questions to quickly assess an opportunity and gather critical insights tied to winning a pitch.
- Research: Lead extensive research tied to active prospects, pitches, and leads of interest.
What You’ll Bring
Joining our founders at the table, the person we’re looking for needs to be consistently proficient in these skills:
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people — up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain, operates with empathy
- Intellectual Horsepower: Is bright and intelligent with an entrepreneurial edge; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; can be described as sharp, capable, and agile.
- Organizational Agility Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations, Ability to work across functions and at all levels of management.
- Experience working with entrepreneurs in a startup environment.
- Experience in content marketing and production.
- A deep appreciation for trends and edgy creative executions — especially in terms of social media.
- Experience in digital marketing, brand strategy, omnichannel marketing, content production/marketing, and product marketing – Hubspot experience is a plus.
- Highly effective organization and communication skills.
- You are currently creating thought leadership content and investing in your personal brand, or have driven content from behind the screens for entrepreneurs.
- You are creative, data-informed, and know how to tell a great story.
- You use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decisions.
This is a full-time position, eligible for enrollment in the Company’s benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, and 401k.
To be a catalyst for new possibilities and growth for brands, businesses, and their teams.
To use creativity and curiosity to drive the world forward.
Our values guide all our decisions at DS – big or small
Be Curious: The world is constantly changing, and the more we ask, explore, wonder, understand, and ideate on, the more we can accomplish. Curiosity helps us understand what’s happening today, so we can define what’s possible tomorrow for ourselves and for you.
Care Greatly: About our work. About our partners. About each other. We’re at our best when we care about designing demand, who we’re doing it for, and why we’re even doing it in the first place. By opening up our hearts, we create human connections that benefit everyone.
Adapt and Respond: Change is inevitable, and we know that those who welcome it and react effectively are the ones who succeed. That’s why we find not uncertainty but wonder & possibility in change. It’s a new opportunity to create, to collaborate, and to change our world for the better.
Simply Believe: There’s magic to be discovered through business, technology, and creativity. It’s in there, in us, and in you, but only if you believe in it. When you do, we can transform businesses and inspire people to engage with brands — even to fall in love with them
Digital Surgeons is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics or those of a family member, or any other basis protected by applicable law.