Background & Job Summary
Digital Surgeons is an award-winning, creative consultancy and full-service digital marketing agency for forward-obsessed brands looking to unlock new possibilities and drive business growth. We’re headquartered in our very own technology & innovation campus in New Haven, CT known as “District” with a network of partners and clients all around the world.
We are looking for a versatile Brand Copywriter who can work with us and our client partners across a number of B2B and B2C brand experience design engagements – someone who is an empathic writer, strategic thinker, avid collaborator, and champion of all things written. This individual will lead the charge in establishing new brand language within our unique branding process as well as comfortably translate a brand’s essence into masterfully wordsmithed digital content, value proposition statements, and calls-to-action across key brand properties and touchpoints.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly self-motivated, scrappy, and hungry to build word-class digital-first brands with cultural relevance at their core. They’re unafraid of having tough conversations, asking “the stupid questions”, or simply asking “why?” They’re a lifelong learner, constantly looking for new tools and methods to refine their craft. Most importantly, they’re passionate about using creativity and storytelling to push the boundaries of what’s possible for businesses.
What You’ll Do
- Work within a fast-paced environment on concurrent projects or tasks.
- Draft & edit compelling copy for a variety of client needs and internal initiatives including:
- Brand Positioning & Value Proposition Statements, Personality/Archetype Identification, Audience Definition/Personas, Voice & Tone Guidelines, Investor/Sales Deck Presentation Narratives, Marketing Website Copy, Package Design, Trade/Point of Sale Physical Displays, Digital ad copy (social) and Other early-stage Marketing Pilot programs
- Design & facilitate ideation sessions or brand workshops with client stakeholders
- Rapidly concept and prototype new ideas, solutions, or treatments that can solve client challenges through creativity, curiosity, and technology.
- Deliver & defend your work to key client stakeholders, using data to back your decisions
- Work closely with research strategists and designers to conduct research and uncover audience motivations, needs, or new content strategies.
- Draft case studies or other key sales/pitch materials, capturing and highlighting real-world business challenges and our methodology for working with client partners to solve them.
- Build rapport with clients to help generate and deliver tangible, impactful ideas.
- Participate in the continuous evolution of the “Digital Surgeons experience”, internally and externally through ideation, tactical execution, the production of education-focused content modules
- A track record of successful brand writing that’s evidenced by a portfolio that includes the strategy work as well as the final outcomes.
- A deep understanding of effective modern-day, digital brand storytelling.
- Experience doing basic audience and keyword research to inform brand positioning, messaging direction, or content strategy.
- Ability to work both autonomously and/or collaboratively as needed with others outside of a core writing discipline.
- Extremely strong communication skills (verbal and written.)
- Sharp attention to detail, especially when it comes to grammar usage or cultural nuances in language.
- A love for the written word, but also marketing, business, and branding in general.
- Initiative: The ability to determine what needs to be done, make a plan for doing it and see it to reality.
- Resourcefulness: Finding a way to succeed when said plan gets thrown out the window.
- Passions in life that go beyond day-to-day work. What’s are your side hustles or hobbies?
- Alignment with our core values.
- Ability to work during east coast timeframes
What You’ll Bring
- Creativity – Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Planning Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Perspective Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Listening Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Understanding Others Understands why groups do what they do; picks up the sense of the group in terms of positions, intentions, and needs; what they value and how to motivate them; can predict what groups will do across different situations.
- Written Communications Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect
This is a full-time position, eligible for enrollment in the Company’s benefits program including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and 401k.
$60,000-$90,000 + DOE
To be a catalyst for new possibilities and growth for brands, businesses, and their teams.
To use creativity and curiosity to drive the world forward.
Our values guide all our decisions at DS – big or small:
- Be Curious: The world is constantly changing, and the more we ask, explore, wonder, understand, and ideate on, the more we can accomplish. Curiosity helps us understand what’s happening today, so we can define what’s possible tomorrow for ourselves and for you.
- Care Greatly: About our work. About our partners. About each other. We’re at our best when we care about what designing demand, who we’re doing it for, and why we’re even doing it in the first place. By opening up our hearts, we create human connections that benefit everyone.
- Adapt and Respond: Change is inevitable, and we know that those who welcome it and react effectively are the ones who succeed. That’s why we find not uncertainty but wonder & possibility in change. It’s a new opportunity to create, to collaborate, and to change our world for the better.
- Simply Believe: There’s magic to be discovered through business, technology, and creativity. It’s in there, in us, and in you, but only if you believe in it. When you do, we can transform businesses and inspire people to engage with brands — even to fall in love with them
Digital Surgeons is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics or those of a family member, or any other basis protected by applicable law.