We are currently seeking a passionate and dynamic leader for our client services team with a fundamental knowledge for how marketing drives business outcomes. The right candidate will be someone who is able to truly “run” an account and envisions solutions before most can even identify a problem. Great business sense, and an eagerness to both teach and learn are musts.
We embrace career paths from all industries, so long as you count creative problem solving as a core competency. Our team is focused on results, and approach every business with the solutions that make the most sense for their goals and objectives.
At Digital Surgeons, creativity is a right of passage, not a job title. Your definition of fun should include transforming and sculpting some of the world’s leading brands, from start-ups to Fortune 50 corporations. If you want to make a dent in the universe, DS will give you the hammer.
Are you ready to build better brand experiences?
What you will be doing:
- Leading cross-functional teams through design, innovation, marketing, and advertising projects to service a handful of clients.
- Shipping projects on-time, in-full, and that you’re proud of.
- Providing support and strategic career guidance for our team of account managers.
- Developing open and transparent relationships with existing and new clients.
- Managing relationships with authentic, human-centered communications that intelligently inform our clients about our processes and structured deliverables.
- Drafting and reviewing statements of work for new projects.
- Looking for growth opportunities on existing accounts.
- Evaluating business performance, vetting new platforms, watching trends, and collecting ideas and recommendations that can reveal upsell opportunities.
- Owning the room in both internal and external client-facing meetings. You’ll notice body language, “flatten” rooms, and guide meetings toward productive outcomes.
- Rolling up your sleeves to be fully invested in the accounts you manage. At Digital Surgeons, we lead from the front.
- Empowering our account managers to build killer decks.
- Keeping our client’s informed with status updates, capturing meeting notes, reporting, and mastering the art of communications planning.
- Being a champion of our Agile process and consistently looking at the agency’s capacity versus demand to help sequence and execute work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Liaising between internal cross-functional teams, vendors, and clients.
- Evaluating and managing vendor relationships by negotiating rates, providing strategic direction on their work, and managing fiscal performance.
- Keeping your mind’s eye on the financial performance of projects (scheduling, tasks, fiscal).
- Collaborating with designers and technologists to execute marketing and advertising programs for clients.
- Projects include (but are not limited to) brand development, CMS and ecommerce website redesigns, social media campaigns, promotional campaigns, events, and influencer campaigns — really any marketing tactic designed to create amazing consumer experiences.
- This role will lead a team of account managers and report directly to the Group Account Director.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- You identify and connect with our values
- Highly organized—everyone claims to be organized, but we’re talking about someone who doesn’t lose the needle in the haystack and treats all tasks like important pieces of the puzzle.
- The ability to be nimble and think quick on your feet to juggle tasks.
- Be charismatic with a penchant for sales.
- Innate leadership skills.
- Excellent and adaptable communications skills (verbal and written).
- Keen focus on the “why” for any action, from articulating insights for creative briefs, to the rationale for holding a meeting, or writing an email. “Why” is critical to our success.
- A “whatever it takes” attitude that is equally activated by your client’s and/or team’s needs.
- A confident, flexible, problem-solving spirit that fuels your willingness to take initiative in our fast-paced environment.
- A great memory and astute attention to detail.
- Experience with the marketing and brand planning process (Web, Search, Social, Mobile, OOH, PR).
- Staying current with trends, we want humans, not robots, who can speak intelligently about the world we live in.
- Respect for your teammates and empathy for our clients.
- 7+ years of applicable work experience.
You shouldn’t be someone who:
- Is not comfortable leading teams, clients, and having a strong voice in the room.
- Thinks jargon and buzzwords make people sound smart.
- Has a sense of entitlement.
- Who is uncomfortable with change.
- Is above administrative tasks.
- Wants a finite job description and a consistent workday.
Back to Careers